It doesn't get much better than a 3-day weekend at the end of summer in Los Angeles. The sun is out, the nights are warm, and the photography opportunities are endless. This is what I packed in my bag for Labor Day weekend:
- Billingham Hadley Pro: This is my favorite camera bag right now. Handcrafted in England, and built for simplicity and longevity. The leather is high quality, the canvas-like fabric is water proof, it's surprisingly light despite how much it holds, and it's damn handsome.
- Leica M8.2: My main camera. Attached to it is a Zeiss 35mm Biogon f2.
- Yashica Electro 35 GSN: I still shoot film occasionally, and this is what I shoot it with. A must-have for anyone that loves rangefinder shooting. Loaded with Ilford HP5 black and white film.
- Mophie Powerstation Mini: Great little backup battery that will power my iPhone 5s or my iPad mini with Retina Display. I never leave home without this.
- iPad Mini with Retina Display: Great for offloading photos when you're done with an SD card. The retina display is an excellent way to look at your pictures, and loading them onto the iPad is a great backup in case you lose the card or it fails when you get home to your computer.
- Joby Gorillapod: A flexible mini tripod is always useful.
- Glif Smartphone Tripod Mount: The iPhone 5s is my third camera, and this makes it easy to attach to the Gorillapod or any other tripod.
- Warby Parker Sunglasses: It's bright out there, people.
Like what you read? Help support Drewtensils by shopping at Amazon.com. Clicking through our Amazon link costs you nothing more but helps fuel the growth of this website.